Monday, May 24, 2010

Food from Orange Beach

Well Friends...... Orange Beach Rocks.... Had a great time with the Blue Jays and families. I was only there for a day and a night but let me tell you folks it was AWSOME. Lets talk about the food. Marinated Deer Back strap, marinaded in Italian Dressing and Worcestershire, and grilled to absolute perfection. Homemade Deer Sausage. Baked Ham and Cheese sandwiches on dinner rolls. Mexican Fudge, don’t ask me what it is but it was Awesome .....cheesy peppery goodness. (I will get the recipe for sure so stay tuned ). Slow cooked roast beef and a wonderful dip that was created by layering Feta Cheese, Cream Cheese, Fruit preserves then topped with walnuts. Then hot BBQ Beef sandwiches on the beach. What can I say but YUMMMM. To all the families that provided all this amazing food, look out Im hunting you down for the recipes and I will share them with the world. Want to say thanks to all the families that made us part of their vacation and a huge shout out to my father in law for his generosity with a place to lay our heads. Your the best.
Until next time.
Stay cool, stay hungry and keep cooking.

1 comment:

  1. i vote going for the deer back strap dude first. How long did he marinade? Did he soak in milk first? High heat, cook fast or lower heat, smoked? Sounds like yall enjoyed your time!

    ReplyDelete